Spend Your Summer with Us!
NEW SUMMER PROGRAMS — JUST ADDED!
These optional enrichment classes will be offered in the afternoon. Pick any two and pay the price of one!
Critical Thinking Summer Class – An opportunity for children to improve verbal, non-verbal and quantitative reasoning for grade two through five. See flyer for details. Critical Thinking summer program
Math Wizard Program – Have a young math enthusiast at home? Learn about our Math Wizard program for children ages K through 2nd grade where children enjoy problem solving, puzzles, math olympiad prep and more. For more details — Critical Thinking summer program
Competitive Track – Speech – Prep students for all levels of speech competition: local, regional, state and national, taught by Mr. Andrew, 2014 National Speech & Debate 2nd Place winner. Who: middle school students (MS track) & high school students (HS track); Time: 7/10-8/25, M/W 1-3pm (HS), 3-5pm (MS); Cost: $900
Debate: Focusing on techniques in two formats, Policy and Lincoln Douglas debate, this course empowers students to apply the techniques in real settings and get a headstart over their peers, as well as preparing for HS debate. Class is taught by Mr. Rish, a Varsity Debater who won against various Ivy Debate teams such as Princeton, Columbia, etc. Who: middle school students (MS track) & high school students (HS track); Time: 7/10-8/25, T/Th 1-3pm (HS), 3-5pm (MS); Cost: $900
Magnet School Prep: Open to Middle School students, this weekly series of classes will prepare students to gain necessary skill sets for entering the 4 Union County magnet schools. Who: Rising 8th Graders; Time: 7/10-8/25, M/W 1-3pm; Cost: $900
Subject Math Preview: Preview math class for the 2017 school year. Subjects include PreAlgebra, Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2, etc. Taught by High School Math teacher. Who: Students who will take the Math subject class the following school year. Time: 7/10-8/25, M-Th mornings, 1 hour/day Cost: $900
At Spring Academy we have many fun-filled, educational summer programs for children of all ages.
Preschool (Ages 1 – K)
Pre-Schoolers will start their day with Morning Chinese Immersion followed by a Montessori program (in English) in the afternoon. A fun bi-weekly summer theme is built into each day. This is a great way to help young children get used to a school environment and prepare for Kindergarten. Available in Warren and Scotch Plains facilities.
Sports, Learning & Friends (Grades 1 thru 8)
In this program campers split their time between enjoying a variety of sports and learning through academic and enrichment classes. Children are grouped by grade level. (Older students also have the option of enrolling in our Academic Camp. See below.) Available in Warren and Garwood facilities.
Regular Camp Offerings
Learning in the Morning – Academic Offerings
– English Reading and Writing: These classes will enhance students’ skills in literary analysis, close-reading, and reading comprehension and interpretation. Students will gain insight on different writing styles and genres and apply their close-reading skills toward analyzing context. They will develop a series of writing strategies to become better writers. Reading materials include U.S. and World Literature, History, Social Studies, Social Science, a U.S. founding document or text in the Great Global Conversation, as well as Science — each week covering one subject area. Ultimately, this reading material will help students familiarize themselves with the SAT Reading subject materials from a very young age. Classes will be taught by Certified and top-notch ELA instructors.
Besides the academic classes in the morning, a variety of sports and enrichment classes will be offered to our campers in the afternoon to promote a healthy body and healthy mind! (Sports & Enrichments in this section are included in the camp fee. Added great value to our camp!)
– STEM: Includes Lego Programming (two levels) and Robotics.
– Film Production: Open to all, grouped by age. This weekly class will teach students about media literacy. At the end of the session, students will have an opportunity to showcase a completed project to campers and staff. This class develop imagination and creativity, increase confidence, improve communication skills, and promote teamwork.
– Swimming: Open to all ages. Students will be bused to a local swimming pool every other week to enjoy recreational time in the water! Swimming lessons are available directly through the Pool.
-Art Creation: Open to all ages. New this summer, Sculpture Classes will be offered. Students will learn how to use various types of materials to create innovative art pieces such as cartoon characters, squishes, food, etc in highly creative ways! This class will be offered once a week in the afternoons.
-Baking: Open to all ages. An all-time favorite by our campers, this class involves learning the ingredients, measurements, mixing, decoration, and most importantly – eating!
-Tae Kwon Do: Open to all ages. Taught by Mr. Jose the owner of C Tae Kwon Do, this class will be offered in the spacious gym weekly. Another all-time favorite!
-Yoga or Chinese Dance: Open to all ages. Depending on students’ interest and level, classes will be offered offsite or in our gym. This is a weekly class.
Field Trip Fridays: We offer Friday Field Trips to museums, waterparks, zoos and more for campers ages 6 and up. Stay tuned for this season’s trip schedule!
Academic Camp (Grades 7 – 11) This is a serious academic camp where students preview academic skills for next school year. SAT prep, Advanced Placement, and various other high-school level courses are offered through this program. For more information, click here for our brochure — summer academic program file Available in Garwood.
Dates/Times: June 26 – September 1, 2017, Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am – 6:00pm
Click here to download our Summer Registration Form
To learn more about our summer offering at each location, please click below:
- WARREN SCHOOL-AGE SUMMER PROGRAM
- GARWOOD SCHOOL-AGE SUMMER PROGRAM
- SCOTCH PLAINS SUMMER PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM
- WARREN SUMMER PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM
For specific details on summer courses, see Summer Course Descriptions